Skip to Content

Preferred Branch

Mason City (641)423-1600 Change Location

Your Preferred Branch

Mason City Change Location

2601 4th Street SW
Mason City, IA 50401

Tel. (641)423-1600

Monday-Thursday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Get Directions

Change Preferred Branch

  • Charles City Branch
    300 North Main Street
    Charles City, IA 50616

  • Clarion Branch
    315 Central Avenue East
    Clarion, IA 50525

  • Kanawha Branch
    220 North Main Street
    Kanawha, IA 50447

  • Mason City State Street Branch
    33 East State Street
    Mason City, IA 50401

  • Mason City West Branch
    2601 4th Street SW
    Mason City, IA 50401

  • Mora Branch
    730 Forest Ave East
    Mora, MN 55051

  • New Hampton Branch
    124 West Main Street
    New Hampton, IA 50659

  • Osage Branch
    501 Main Street
    Osage, IA 50461

mail icon Search Icon Menu


Start navigating site here or scroll down

Home Blog Are You Unable to Pay Your Mortgage Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic?

Are You Unable to Pay Your Mortgage Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic?

Are you unable to pay your mortgage due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

We can help you get through this challenging time. If you’re experiencing financial hardship because you’ve lost work, are ill, or are caring for a sick family member due to COVID-19 and have concerns about making payments, please know that First Citizens offers a couple of mortgage loan assistance options:

  1. Forbearance
    You may be able to temporarily suspend or reduce your monthly mortgage payments with a forbearance agreement. This means that First Citizens will either lower or pause your monthly mortgage payments for up to three months. There won’t be any late fees and no negative credit reporting will occur. Later on down the line, those payments will be made up after your short-term financial challenge has subsided.
  2. Refinance
    Mortgage rates are at all-time record lows, so it’s a great time to take advantage of that. You could get a lower monthly payment, replace your adjustable-rate mortgage with a low fixed-rate loan, or possibly get rid of private mortgage insurance (PMI).

Take the first step and fill out a simple intake form, call 800-423-1602, or send an email to the First Citizens Cares Act Task Group. Be sure to have a list of your itemized expenses handy.

Our Cares Act Task Group can review your current circumstances and help you find a solution that works best for you. Yes, there is a heavy call volume. But we will do our best to get in touch with you in a timely manner. We are all in this together and appreciate your patience.

As an additional resource, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers homeownership counseling at no charge. To locate counseling agencies or programs in your area, call 1-800-569-4287, TDD 1-800-877-8339 or visit


Contact Us
Back to Top